I had a lot of sewing time yesterday. I got started on my guild block not too long after I finished my name tag. I’m happy with my color choices and will get back to working on it later today. I actually got 2 of these units finished
I probably would have finished the whole block except Wild & Goosey was calling my name! I got all the paper piecing finished on it yesterday and put the sashing in this morning. I am in love, and it was fun remembering what projects some of the scraps were from. I did learn one thing, and that is I don’t have very many light fabrics in my stash. I have a decent stack of non-Civil War FQs and yardage that I will be cutting into when I start the next one. I haven’t decided how often I’m going to make one, but I need 80 total to make the quilt as shown in Quiltmaker.
1 down. 79 to go!
It left a wild mess on my cutting table, and I’ll be ironing and cutting into usable pieces everything there before putting it away.
I’m trying to implement Bonnie Hunter’s Scrap User’s System. You can just make out one of my scrap bins in the above photo, and I’m digging through it a bit at a time. I have a similar, more stuffed one for my civil war fabrics but that’s what I use for Farmer’s Wife so I won’t be going through it until I finish those blocks.
I love it so far. cant wait to see it.