Ack. I’m so far behind in catching up I’m not even going to bother. Suffice it to say, I have been consistenting doing needlework of some sort since my last check in. When it has not involved the sewing maching, I have faithfully been working on my WIPocalypse stitching.
I packed everything in my stitching room, back up and moved the boxes to the guest room. We gutted the closet, spackled it, painted it, and moved the shelf units back in. I’m in the process of loading it back up, but am determined to organize while I do so, so I don’t put it off any longer. It looks like this:
The fibers in the front in ziplocks are Anchor. I’m leaving them ’til last because I haven’t decided how I’m going to store them. The white box in the middle is not quite full of various fibers that I’ve been sorting (which is the mess you see, minus the
Weeks), and I’ve already sorted one of them. That table needs to get cleared quickly so I can drag my sewing machine back out.
1 sampler quilt needs a bit more quilting, then the binding (which is ready to be attached).
1 quilted tote needs (still) 6 or so stitches in one of the handles to be completed.
1 quilt has been started (intermediate class started last week and I’m piecing the blocks for it).
Since I’ve been going back and forth to quilting classes, and have quilting homework, I haven’t wanted to try to keep up with my rotation so I’ve been focusing on one easy piece. As of last night (4/15/12) Miss Hannah Beeby is now finished!
I’ve pulled Petite Mexican Sampler out and am going to focus on it for a bit. My quilting classes will be over in June (I think) and until then I guess I’m going to be a one-at-a-time stitcher. Fairy Moon is screaming my name from the guest room right now, but she’ll need lots of beading so I’m putting her off. I’m still determined not to start anything new until I finish 2 projects, no matter how tempted I’ve been lately 🙂
In addition to all of the above we have been doing other bits and pieces of decorating in the house.
We I have a list of must-haves for the house that includes more painting, furniture, decorative items, and my stitching. I will be taking Hannah with me Thursday night to get her framed. I’ll take another piece in when we gets finished depending on how long she takes. I would like to do one piece a month.
We’ve also been doing some stuff in the yard. Right now M is digging up the oleanders, one at a time, in the front. 7 down, 3 to go. The yard looks so much bigger now and we’ll be filling in some of the space with more pleasant to use desert plants. In the back we have 2 varieties of tomatoes popping out all over the place, flat leaf parsley trying to take over the pump house wall, oregano, cilantro (in 2 different places), rosemary, pickle cukes, crook neck squash growing in, and have been enjoying salads with home grown lettuces. The lemon tree and mandarin tree both have fruit and we’re waiting to see if our little lime tree is going to have fruit this year (it had a hard time this winter and is only knee high). I also planted a peony tuber that is doing well.